Signature Happiness ramen

Hanamaruken 花丸軒 is now in the Philippines!

I was shopping for gifts three days ago in Trinoma. After I've done shopping, I was planning to eat at SM North. Upon, reaching for the exit, I passed by the ads standing on the middle of the hallway, I saw a ramen ad and I thought Santouka ramen will be the first quality ramen (except Ramen X) to open in Trinoma but when I looked again at the ad, it's not Santouka. I began craving for a new ramen. I went to the 2nd level, Trinoma Garden restaurants to search for this new ramen restaurant.

 I am glad that it's easy to find this ramen restaurant. It looks nice. I did not hesitate to enter the restaurant.

Going to Hanamaruken in Trinoma Philippines

To enlarge photos, please click the pictures. 

While waiting, I asked the staff if when did Hanamaruken opened in Trinoma. She said it was about 3 months ago. I thought that Hanamaruken has other branches in the Philippines because it is rare that shops in Trinoma will be the first branch. I was wrong. Hanamaruken in Trinoma is the first branch of Hanamaruken outside Japan.

Even this restaurant is not that big, the decorations and interiors are simply stunning. Japanese ancient music is being played in Hanamaruken restaurant.





"Hanamaruken has over 40 branches in Japan. Osaka locals religiously line up for everyday."




Here's Hanamaruken's menu / price list:

Hanamaruken's whole price list

Looking at Hanamaruken menu price list

I ordered Signature Happiness Ramen for P480 and Gyoza for P150. I felt overwhelmed that I found a nice ramen place again. While waiting for my ramen, the gyoza was served and I ate this dish immediately.

eating hanamaruken gyoza

For me, the gyoza has a really good quality wrapper and meat for its price unlike others including the ones in Taisho Ramen where gyozas tend to stick with each other and the taste is somewhat salty. Hanamaruken's gyoza is a bit oily. Never mind the little bit of oiliness, important is, it's delicious and its meat and vegetables were fully stuffed inside.

Eating and extracting hanamaruken gyoza

Chili and soy sauce

I ate all including the green vegetable decor.I felt somewhat full after eating. Then, here comes the Signature Happiness ramen.

Reviewing Hanamaruken Trinoma

Cholesterol warning: Hanamaruken's Signature Happiness ramen has some lard floating

As you can see, the ramen has some lard floating but not to the point that it is disgusting to eat. The ramen actually contains 2 thin spiral condiments (naruto). On the picture below, 1/4 of this cooked spare rib is still in deep soup. :)


Close up of Hanamaruken Happiness ramen



The noodles is not too thick. The pork can be taste on its noodles. It's like the noodles sipped the pork meat and soup. Even with some lard, the soup still tastes like pork spare rib. The two eggs were half boiled but still solid and no yolk spilled on the soup. I felt like slurping this whole bowl of ramen just like what I've did in Kichitora of Tokyo's Paitan Zenbu no Se.

Before I end this Hanamaruken review, I want to share that the two eggs (tamago) were really an additional and is usually not included in the ramen unless you requested these. Upon billing, I just remembered again that the two eggs are just additional. What I don't like is that the staff did not ask me first if I wanted eggs or not. To be honest, I also did not remember if I requested it. I just confirmed the orders before serving that's why I did not complain about it. They also did not bid goodbye or thanks to the customers exiting the restaurant.

For me, I cannot decide now which is delicious but I still choose Kichitora of Tokyo's Paitan Zenbu no Se because it has less oil and no lard's floating on that ramen. I'll definitely come back in Hanamaruken even though it's pricey because it is still nearer to my house compared to Kichitora of Tokyo. I hope Ramen Santouka will open asap in Trinoma. This is the end of my Hanamaruken restaurant review.

Rating:  
(Staff is polite but still needs additional training)

Hanamaruken Philippines
2nd Floor Garden Trinoma Mall 
(02) 720 9283 / (02) 628 1603
11:00 am - 10:00 pm

Tagged: , , , , , , , , ,